Real estate is one of the most important, complex and evolving disciplines in all of law. Each deal is unique and has its own pitfalls and risks that, if not handled properly by a skilled and creative attorney, may lead to an unintended and adverse result for the client. The attorneys at the Firm have considerable experience and knowledge handling commercial real estate transactions. We counsel our clients in the due diligence investigation, acquisition, financing, construction, development, leasing and disposition of all types of commercial properties. The Firm’s commercial real estate clients include corporate and individual property owners and investors, developers, brokers, property management and construction companies, landlords, tenants, architects, general contractors, mortgage lenders, and local and national financial institutions.
The attorneys at the Firm also have the experience to identify when the services of another professional may be necessary or in the best interests of the client. To better serve our clients, we have developed strong relationships with many financial institutions, investors, lending sources, surveyors, architects, engineers, land planners, accountants, and other third party vendors. We have found that this “team” approach proves beneficial to the client by furthering a project and accomplishing the client’s objectives.
The following are examples of commercial real estate transactions and related areas in which the Firm represents its clients:
• The acquisition and sale, financing, construction, development, ownership, and operation of properties. These include large and small planned unit developments; shopping center projects; office and apartment building transactions and conversions; industrial, warehouse and mixed-use projects; and timeshare facilities and condominiums.
• Leasing involving mixed use, office and industrial properties. The Firm represents individual and corporate landlords and tenants assisting them with negotiating leases and subleases of all types. Our landlord and tenant clients include national as well as “mom and pop” businesses.
• Zoning, land use planning and property variances.
• Federal, State, and municipal code violations and compliance issues.
• Formation of land trusts and other creative ownership vehicles.
• IRC §1031 Like Kind and Reverse Exchanges.
• Title Insurance for several national title insurance companies.
• Construction and Architectural contracts (A1A and custom forms).
• Entity formation and structuring for ownership and operation of property.
• Hospitality transactions.
We are available to meet with you to discuss any questions and/or issues you may have regarding a commercial real estate transaction you may be considering, or in which you may already be involved. But remember, it is always better to consult with your attorney before you “sign on the dotted line”. Please call us at any time if we can be of service to you or your company.